Friday, March 13, 2009

Meg The Singer

Anyone who knows Megan, knows that she loves to sing and she is good at it too. Now that she is grown up she does not sing as much as she used to. When she was living at home she used to sit up in her bedroom and sing for hours. I don't know if she knew this but I would mute the tv and just sit there and listen to her sing. Maybe it's just because I am her mom but in my opinion she is one of the best singers I have ever heard. She has brought tears of joy and admiration to my eyes so many times when I have listened to her sing. I wish I could sing like her.
This picture was taken of Megan when she was about two years old. She started way back then by pretending that she was a singer. She would move her lips and sway her head from side to side and pretend to sing. No sound would actually come out of her mouth. It was so funny. Several years down the road she was about elleven or twelve she wanted to learn to sing the National Anthem at the race track. I know how the song goes but again I just don't have the sound like she did. We worked on it for several weeks and I kept having her sing over and over. We would tape record it and play it back, then do it again. She never gave up and was determined to get it right. I loved her determination and she still has it today.
This picture is her Senior year in high school when she sang at the "Taste of Hollywood" show. She sang Amazing Grace for us at our family Christmas a few years ago and it was beautiful.
I don't think she sings very much lately, she has been too busy with working and school. I'm sure that once she is settled into her life she will sing again.



No comments: