Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daytona Race Party

Sunday was the Daytona 500!! Chris calls this the Super Bowl of Nascar. Isn't it strange that the "Super Bowl" is at the end of the season in football but at the beginning of the year in racing? I think almost every year the Strebig's have a Daytona Party to kick off the season. It is always a good time. Way too much food and probably too much drinking also. Me and Megan polished off 2 bottles of wine. I didn't think that was too bad considering that I brought 4 bottles.

Here are some pictures from the party...

Someone has always got to get crazy. I told Amy to not do this anymore because her eyes were going to stay this way. Then Tara yelled out, "Hey I can do that too," so I had to take a picture.

At about lap 10 the guys all decided that they needed something else to do until the end of the race so they started a card game.

The girls got out the boxing gloves and decided to see how well they could do. The whole party got into cheering them on. Megan was the referee.

Jenna tried to challenge anyone who wanted to go the next round. Nobody did take her up on this. She is quite a tough girl when she gets into the hockey ring so I guess that is why noone wanted to take her up on the challenge for fear that they would get their butts beat.

No comments: