Saturday, May 1, 2010

Love and Hate

These are two very powerful words but here is my perspective on my Love and Hate of weekends.

First, the obvious, I Love that I have a day off of work!  But for me this is usually just another day of work but only it is at home.  Am I the only one that punishes myself this way?  Why do I insist on leaving all the household chores for the weekend?  My loving sister is always telling me that I should spread these chores out during the week so that I have my weekends free to do what I want, but do I listen to her, NO! 

Second, I love not waking up to the alarm clock and I can sleep in!  But, am I really sleeping in when I get up at 6 a.m.?  For me I don’t think this is so bad, who wants to sleep away the best part of the day when I can get up early and start my household chores, well on second thought, this is kind of going back to the my first love and hate. 

To sum up this story I really do not have any hate for the weekend at all!  I just started it that way to get you to read this story.  Okay, enough playing, I’ve got work to do.

3 comments:

jules said...

If only you would listen to your sister....she sounds like she knows what's she's talking about. ♥

Photos by Julee said...

Hope you had fun doing your chores! Although the sun was shining, it wasn't very nice outside with all that wind anyway. There is always tomorrow!

Rita said...

So how do you reward yourself when all that work is done?? Do you do the yucky jobs first like I do, saving the sluff-off ones for last? I know the answer-- take a long hot shower, slip into your jammies, put your feet up, and have a glass of wine!!Okay, now enjoy life-your Mom says so!! This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24